Information Technology and Social Responsibility
A Tier III Interdisciplinary
FLYER [Please Post]
Looking for a Tier III Minor? NOW you can take one that is
interesting AND useful in today's business environment!
The Tier III minor in Information Technology
and Social Responsibility will help you gain
- an understanding of the principles and issues of social responsibility,
including, but not limited to: a respect for the environment,
cultural issues, access for individuals with disabilities, ethical
- an understanding of today's web-based new media technologies
and the interconnected environment that supports them
- an understanding of the many ways in which social responsibility
may be enhanced by information technology; and, conversely, the
ways in which information technology may contribute to the weakening
of social responsibility.
- an understanding of the ways in which advances in information
technology must be informed by a sense of social responsibility
Choose any two of the following:
- CIS 3810
- Principles of New Media
- CIS 3270
- Computer Ethics (or PHI 3270)
- CIS 3700 - Green IT
- BLS 3013 - Mass Media And The Black American
- COM 3060 - Media Analysis And Criticism
- COM 3076 - International Communication
- JRN 3220 - Media Ethics
- JRN 3500 - Advanced Reporting And Writing: Cyberspace, etc.
- LIB 3040 - Information and Society (or COM 3040 or PAF 3040)
- PHI 3040 - Mind and Computers
- PHI 3050 - Ethics, Economics, and the Business System
Plus the Required Capstone Course:
For more information, download the IT&SR
brochure in pdf format.
Contact Prof. Nanda Kumar at Nanda.Kumar@baruch.cuny.edu.